Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Perfect Joy




Dear gentle readers,

Normally I just post poetry. But tonight I have a moment that I would like to share. I never really like speaking of my love affairs. However, in life there comes a time when you have ONE perfect moment. One that is captured in time and will never be forgotten. I had that moment last night with my adoring boyfriend Jeremy. He is the most romantic person I have ever known. I on the other hand haven’t got that down pat just yet. But gradually he is wearing off on me. I knew he had been working very hard, so I wanted to create a night where he could utterly relax in my arms.

I am not very good with secretes by the way, I called him at work and said dear, I’m taking you out to dinner tonight; will Texas Road house not satisfy you? So I had him all geared up on going out. When he arrived to my house he found dinner on the table, by candle light. All day I had devoted myself to preparing this special dinner. The dinner consisted of T-bone steaks, asparagus, baked potatoes, and a nice spinach salad. Every thing was neatly displayed. Dessert was apple pie and ummm some strawberries and whip cream (cliché I know) accompanied by old time jazz music (thank you Frank Sinatra) playing lightly in the back ground.

He was so taken aback he sighed out load. The sigh touched everything in my soul. He looked so happy it almost made me cry. There comes a time in life when words can describe emotion and love, but it can be written expressively on ones face. It may have just been a steak but to us it was something much more. After our dinner he scooped me up and we danced to those old cherished swing love songs, which I know have inspired many lovers. And if you have ever danced to old jazz music you know the hypnotic power it holds over two lovers.

Our relaxing evening was the most perfect and pure evening. This memory will forever glow in my mind until the days I die. This concludes my “sentimental journey”

I hope you enjoyed,
Alisa


"heaven, i'm in heaven, and my heart beats so that i can hardly see when and i seem to find the happiness i need, when we are off dancing cheek to cheek"
-Fred astair

i fall in love with you everyday, the thrill is always new everyday, the sun may shine, the rain may fall, and icey winds may blow, you smile at me and all i see is blossoms in the snow,
i thank my lucky stars everyday that you are as you are everyday, The years may come the years may go if your still here ill say i fall in love with you every day.
-Frank Sinatra

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home